This chilli lime salmon recipe is a great summer feed, with zesty flavours that can be made as hot as you like. Add more hot chilli’s to the salmon dish if you want to spice it up a little, or stick with it as it is for a milder taste. I served my chilli lime salmon on a bed of rice with a little purple sprouting broccoli on the side.
Chilli lime salmon ingredients (serves 2):
• 3 green chillies halved and chopped thinly
• 1 small red hot chilli halved and chopped thinly
• 1 level tea spoon chilli powder
• 2 salmon fillets sliced into strips
• 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1 lime
• 2 large carrots chopped into sticks
• 2 red onions chopped into strips
• A handful of coriander chopped roughly
• 1 tbls mild olive oil
Chilli lime salmon recipe:
1.Fry the onion and carrot in the oil until the onion starts to clear and the carrot begins to soften without losing too much of its crispy texture.
2.Add the slices of salmon and gently cook evenly on a low medium to low heat while you throw in the chillies.
3.Once the salmon has turned a lighter shade of pink all over, squeeze in the lime juice, and if you want grate a little of the zest in to give it even more of a lime hit.
4.Add the spices, coriander and ginger and cook over a low heat, whilst the rice is cooking.
5.Serve the chilli lime salmon on the rice on either a plate, or a bowl.